Friday, August 31, 2012

34 Weeks

I  missed the update last week. So now I am at 33 Weeks and 5 Days.

I am feeling a lot better this week. I am still sick, but not even close to what it was! I can definitely get through the next 6 weeks feeling like this. The uncomfortable parts of pregnancy have definitely hit me these last couple of weeks though. I thought I had to pee a lot before-I was wrong. This is a lot! Sometimes it is literally every 10 minutes! I am having back aches and I feel SO lopsided when I walk. I have definitely got the waddle down. All of this is not as bad as being as sick as I was though, so I feel like pregnancy is a bit of a breeze right now!

Yesterday I had a checkup and Greg was not able to get out of work to go with me. This isn't too big of a deal, the checkups are short and very routine, so I have been to several by myself. With him working two jobs, it is hard for him to get out of both of them for an appointment. I decided to call my mum to see if she wanted to go with me. I knew the appointment wouldn't be very exciting, but she is one of my best friends, and I enjoy the time with her. Also, I knew she would get to hear Kris' heartbeat. It was just a coincidence that it was her birthday! It was a lot of fun, and I teared up thinking about the significance of her getting to hear her first grandchild's heartbeat. It was a really fun experience, and I love sharing it with my mother who has been through all of the highs and lows of pregnancy several times. I think she is just as excited about this baby as Greg and I are, which makes time with her even more fun. I love that when we are just  having a normal conversation she puts her hands on my tummy while we talk :).

Okay, weekly update-
How far along? 34 Weeks
Stretch marks? I do have some. It's funny though, they don't bother me as much as I thought they would.  
Sleep: I am always scared to answer this question. I am still sleeping pretty well. I am hoping that will last the entire next 6 weeks, but I won't count on it. 
Best moment this week: Spending time with my mum yesterday.  
Miss Anything? Running. I haven't been able to run in a few weeks because my belly just makes everything uncomfortable! It used to be my stress reliever, and now, at the most stressful time in my life, I can't run!  
Movement: She is quite the mover still. The doctor can't ever get a good reading of her heartbeat because she kicks the wand.
Food cravings: No cravings, however I have gotten a huge appetite lately! That is new this week for me and I am not a fan.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still sick in the evenings and in the mornings. If I let myself get hungry at all I get sick, and if I don't take my meds. But, it is a lot better this week.      
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks Contractions.
Symptoms: Heartburn and peeing a lot.
Belly Button in or out? It goes in and out, depending on where baby is.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Just ecstatic. This is an amazing time in my life.
Looking forward to: Three day weekend! Work is getting harder and harder as I get closer to my due date. This is a much needed break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment