Thursday, August 9, 2012

31 Weeks

30 Weeks and 4 days. That means on Sunday I will officially be 8 months pregnant! Only two months left! That is crazy!

I keep joking with Greg that we have a beautiful nursery for her to come home to, but we can't take her home because we don't even have a car seat yet! That is supposed to be like the first thing you get for your baby :)

Last week I thought my morning sickness was over. I was feeling better, and not throwing up nearly as much, but this week it has been back with a vengeance. Some days it is just as bad as it was first trimester. Though I do really love being pregnant, and feeling her move, I won't be too sad when I am not pregnant any longer. This has been really hard on my body. Throwing up is never fun, but when you are throwing up several times a day along with other pregnancy symptoms, it is enough to make you go crazy.

This week was a roller coaster of ups and downs. Last week my best friend's brother in law passed away. He was only 33 years old and left behind a young son and a very pregnant wife. It has upset me beyond words. I can't imagine being alone in this journey, and she lost her support so suddenly. Caleb was a fun guy. He was always cracking jokes, I think he could make anyone laugh. There are many people who will miss him and though we have to get past the heartache, I don't think we can ever really move on from it. His wife, Amber, will be in my prayers forever, as well as his son and unborn daughter. She will never get to meet her father.

This has made me cherish what I have so much more. It could all be gone in the blink of an eye. Caleb died unexpectedly. In one night, Amber's entire world has changed. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling. So hug those around you a little tighter today. Remember that we are not promised tomorrow.

I am so thankful to get to share this journey with Greg. So, on to the regular pregnancy update:

How far along? 31 Weeks
Stretch marks? They are there, but I have seen worse ones. I just hope they don't get any worse.
Sleep: If we can get the house cool enough with this heat I actually sleep well so far.
Best moment this week: Going to dinner to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday. I so enjoy getting date nights with Greg.
Miss Anything? Being able to bend over, and then stand straight again ;)   
Movement: She is still quite the mover! She gets shy when some people touch her, but with her daddy and her grandma, she moves even more.   
Food cravings: No real cravings, but I always want raw fruits and veggies.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: being pregnant ;)     
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Still some Braxton Hicks, but nothing too serious.
Symptoms: heartburn.
Belly Button in or out? that stubborn thing just won't stick out yet! .
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy!
Looking forward to: Baby shower Saturday! My friend has done such a great job planning it! I think we will have a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment