Monday, January 30, 2012

Blessed

I have been feeling awfully blessed today. My husband and I have a house, one good car, and one car that functions most of the time, we have 4 beautiful pets that keep us busy, we have amazing friends, we have an outstanding church, and we have each other.

I often times get caught up in my own self pity. I wonder why we tend to focus more on the bad than on the good. Why are we so blind to all of the good all around us?

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

This verse is hard to swallow. Give thanks in all circumstances? I don't naturally feel thankful for the trials I go through, but I do understand that in everything, God has a purpose for me. For some reason, though I can't see it now, the pain I am going through is for a purpose. I am thankful that God knows me by name and knows my hurt. I am thankful that He has a purpose in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment