Thursday, July 26, 2012

29 Weeks!

A lot has happened this week!
 To start off, I had an appointment on Monday. It went well and everything still seems to be going great with our little Kris. She is just as squirmy as ever! It makes me laugh when the doctor tries to check her heartbeat and she keeps moving so he doesn't get an accurate reading.

Our washing machine is leaking! It's a good thing I have a handy husband who doesn't mind working on things. He has never fixed a washing machine, so he doesn't really know what he is doing, but man he is trying and I am so thankful for that.

Greg got my bow holder hung on the wall of the nursery, and on Saturday Greg and his sister will be painting the big tree on the wall. This has been something we have wanted to do before we even found out the gender of the baby. I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. My vision for the nursery is for it to be very pretty and girly, but not whimsical. It is difficult to do that because I love cutesy things! I just have this vision for the nursery that I want to match. It's a good thing my sweet husband seems to be on the same page as me. He knows exactly what I am looking for.

Also in the nursery, we got a rug. It is brown and soft. It is still in its packaging because we found another rug for $30 more that is absolutely perfect! It is a purple shag rug. It would be so soft to sit on and the color is seriously amazing, I just don't know if I can spend another $30 on the rug. It seems silly. Greg and I had this great idea to get regular white outlet covers and paint them purple. They look awesome! When we moved into our house, the room that we are using for the nursery was a really bright pink. It was awful, it seriously gave us headaches walking in it. It had a light switch plate that had a butterfly and was pink. We painted the room grey and then the light switch plate purple. I can't wait to be finished with the nursery so we can show off the finished product! Those purple plates sure do make it look amazing in there!

My first order of diapers came in yesterday and they are super cute! I am so excited about cloth diapering. I have done so much research and really feel like this is right for our family. It is so much  more green than using disposable diapers, and that is definitely a big reason we wanted to do it, but it is also so much cheaper! Diapers are expensive! I know these will take a lot of work, but I am confident that we will be able to do it.

On to the weekly checkups:
How far along? 29 Weeks
Stretch marks? Not yet, I feel like they are coming though.
Sleep: Other than getting up to pee several times a night, I sleep well.
Best moment this week: Getting my diapers in! It was seriously better than Christmas.
Miss Anything? Red Bull and other beverages with caffeine.   
Movement: She is so wiggly! I love that she always lets me know she is healthy in there.   
Food cravings: I had my first one today. I want real Mexican tacos. It is bad... I can't stop thinking about them.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still sick all the time, but not much left of it ;)    
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Some Braxton Hicks contractions
Symptoms: Tired and still sick.
Belly Button in or out? Stubbornly staying in. I think it will pop out though.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So so happy
Looking forward to: Getting the tree painted in the nursery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment