Wednesday, June 27, 2012

24 Weeks, 4 Days (so I am in my 25th week) update

I went to the doctor yesterday and had my glucose test done. It went great! My levels were really low, so I do not have gestational diabetes. The drink tasted bad, and the hour wait for blood work seems like forever, but I am so thankful I didn't have to do the three hour test.

Baby girl seems to be quite healthy! She was kicking like crazy after the glucose drink and when my doctor tried to check her heart rate, she just kept kicking the doppler. He was laughing a lot, but did finally get an accurate reading.

It is HOT in Oklahoma right now. Man, I can't imagine being pregnant last summer when it was even warmer! I feel like I can't cool off somedays, even in the swimming pool I feel overheated. It is going to be a long summer for me I think. Fall weather cannot come soon enough!

I have been able to continue working out through this pregnancy, and that makes me really excited that it won't be too difficult to lose the baby weight. It is starting to get more and more difficult though. I can no longer reach my toes, and I get out of breath very easily! Anybody had luck with pregnancy yoga? I am considering giving it a go.

 I have been feeling overwhelmed about not having anything ready for baby's arrival. I am nearing my third trimester and we don't even have a crib yet! I feel like there is so much to do and so little time to do it, but everyone keeps telling me to wait until after the shower to buy anything. That is so difficult though! I want everything ready now!

How far along? 25 Weeks
Stretch marks? None yet!!
Sleep: It is definitely getting more difficult to sleep now.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby's strong heartbeat
Miss Anything? Red Bull. My goodness I want a Red Bull!
Movement: So much movement!
Food cravings: I have not had any actual cravings, but have been wanting a lot of fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pretty much everything still.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Sick, and some heartburn if I have anything lime.
Belly Button in or out? In, but working on making its debut
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. I have that same list to use on my blog soon :)
    Also, I feel so bad that most of your pregnancy will be during the heat of the summer. I'm hoping I'll really be big and uncomfortable once fall hits. I can't imagine being so uncomfortable in the middle of the summer. Extra points for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall pregnancy clothes are super cute too! You can do some fun Christmas maternity shots as well :) Next time I want to be pregnant over the winter! That seems quite a bit more comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete