Monday, April 30, 2012

It's an onion.

That's right, my baby is the size of an onion. However, I think it is definitely the cutest onion I have ever seen.
It is also the wiggliest onion! This baby moves a lot. Greg got to feel it for the first time yesterday. I told him it was being awfully active and as soon as he put his hand on my belly it jumped! So then, he jumped and screamed :) We were both so excited.
Having a human being inside of me is amazing. It is magical, it is miraculous, and, it is STRESSFUL!! I am always worried about what I put in my body. Is it healthy enough? Is it too much? Is it enough? Am I getting enough water? Should I really have that fourth Twizzler?
I often wonder if other moms to be stress about every little thing like I do. I wonder if I am just a crazy worry wart.
Sometimes, if I am not sick enough, or my boobs aren't quite as sore as they should be, I wonder if my baby is still okay. There have been absolutely no signs of an unhealthy baby. In fact, baby was 2 days ahead of schedule at our last ultrasound! Yet I have this crazy worrying feeling constantly. I think maybe God gave me the HG to make my mind feel at ease that I was still pregnant.

I have a tattoo on my wrist that says "be still" and under that "psalms 46:10"
This verse has always been my comfort. "Be still and know that I am God". It is the hardest thing to do though! Our selfish minds want to be in control, not hand over control to our maker. I know that I am worthless when I am in control. At this point, what can I do for my child personally to ensure that it stays healthy? I can eat right, drink lots of water, and get a lot of rest. I am doing these things. Beyond this, I have to fully rely on God to help my child grow and stay healthy. I have faith that he will, yet I still struggle with worrying constantly.

My prayer this week is that I can ease my mind. That I can "let go and let God".

No comments:

Post a Comment