Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year

I am a little late in noticing that it is a new year. My Christmas tree is still up, my lights are still framing my house, and I still sing Christmas songs to my sweet little Kris.

It is 2013. I feel like God has so many plans for our little family this year. As always we are working on getting a job that will change the way our family functions for a very long time. This is Kris' first full year. She will get to experience every holiday this year. I turn 23 this year, which is on January 23rd (23 on the the 23rd). I am told this is supposed to be an exciting birthday.

So far this year Kris had a surgery on her upper lip (a detailed post to come). She is a different baby now! We get so many smiles and laughs all the time. She had her 2 month vaccinations (poor baby). She is falling behind on weight and on height so we have to get her checked again in a bit to make sure she is still growing well. She seems to be right on developmentally. She tries very hard to roll over, and can get to her side. She actually enjoys tummy time. Her favorite song is "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes". She giggles so much when we sing it to her. Greg actually sings it to her in Spanish. She seems to know that the mouth comes after ears, and the mouth is her favorite part. She will open it wide as we touch it and giggle.

I have said it before, but being a mom is amazing! I love waking up to her beautiful face and coming home to her sweet smiles. She is so loved  by so many people, and I hope she realizes how special she is. I want to be the best mother that I can be. I seek advice from other fantastic moms, and I am very prayerful about my parental decisions.

My word of the year is DELIBERATE. I want to be deliberate in my parenting. That means putting the phone down and picking the baby up. That means doing as much research as I can while away from her so I know what to do to help her become the best that she can be. It means continuing our nightly Bible studies and prayers. It means to do everything I can to be everything for her.I won't just keep this word for a year though, hopefully I can keep it for life. I just really want to focus on it right now, while she is still young and growing. Hopefully I will create deliberate habits for myself that will continue forever.

And, what's a post without some of this cuteness?


No comments:

Post a Comment