Monday, October 15, 2012

40 Weeks, 1 Day

I am officially past my due date.

I have been having mild contractions. They are extremely regular, at 3 minutes apart nearly on the dot. They last about a minute each, but aren't painful at all. Greg and I went to church Sunday morning and people kept telling us that we needed to go to the hospital, that some people never have painful contractions. So we went in and I am dilating, but not very fast. The nurse seemed to think that I am in early labor, but this could last a week. She told me to go home and rest, so instead we went to the mall and walked as much as possible, then went home and I sat on my exercise ball while eating spicy food, and drinking red raspberry leaf tea.
I am incredibly impatient waiting for this baby to arrive. We thought that she would be early, but she is so comfortable right now it seems she will never come out! I know that she will come out when she is ready, but I am so ready! I want to cuddle her and give her kisses!

We took this picture right before we left for the hospital, I had hoped it would be the last belly shot, but it looks like I will be this big for a bit longer.
How far along? In my 41st week.
Stretch marks? yep
Sleep: It is really difficult to sleep through contractions that are 3 minutes apart. However, I have been pretty lucky with sleep up to this point.. 
Best moment this week: Greg's birthday was Friday and we had a lot of fun celebrating.  
Miss Anything? Caffeine in general. 
Movement: She really seems to hate contractions. She moves a lot right now.
Food cravings: Still no cravings.   
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still sick from everything, but there is an end in sight.      
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Real contractions.
Symptoms: Definitely waddling rather than walking now!
Belly Button in or out? Outie.
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I can't wait for them to be back on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!
Looking forward to: Having this baby any day now. Desperately hoping I won't have to write another of these posts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment